FRIDAY, 19 Dec 2008:
Anyway
I just got off the phone with Collin & he told me that the AR Times has my photo of Eclipse Glasses in it + a review. A GOOD review, I might add. Of the band. I ran downstairs to get a copy. There it is!:
Last night, me & KMHD tested for our Muy Thai kickboxing yellow belts. SUCCESS! Testing is a bit of a hassle. We also test with tiny kids, a.k.a. Little Dragons, taking Tae Kwon Do. It's obvious that testing is basically a show for the parents. It takes forever to get through it all, so after the cuteness wears off, you're really ready to get out of there. ATM was there to dote & document.We mistakenly had a celebratory supper with Master Lee, Instructor Davis, and two other students. With the exception of Han (student) the others were wildly embarrassing to be associated with. I've never seen people treat a waitress so badly. They were so loud. They were demanding. Master Lee got the biggest margarita I have ever seen, drank it & proceeded to talk/yell at ATM for the entire duration. Um, at some point, a guy from another table challenged anyone at our table to an arm-wrestling match. Really. Our guy did not win, but it really quieted him down from that point, which was a freaking relief. At the first opportunity, we got the hell out of there. I still don't really know how we even agreed to supper with them anyway. You know, with these folks, I think we mutually tolerate each other. They think we are nerds, serious & boring. We think they are total assholes, stupid & boring. I figure the best way to survive this class is to just have minimal contact with them.






For Wednesdate, I made a spicy curry noodle soup:


New favorite condiments:


SATURDAY, 20 Dec 2008:
We went to Cool Shoes last night. It was a steamy, creepy, young-person event. I totally tried to absorb all of their young-people energy. I got a little dancing in. It wasn't terrible, just o.k. Got to see both Murphy Bros. at one time!
I don't know what today has in store for us. Need to go to the tobacco shop. Need to buy toilet paper + some groceries. Really dreading getting out there!
3 comments:
I WANT THAT SOUP.
And congratulations on your yellow belt and surviving an awkward dinner out! There sure are a lot of unsocialized people in the world.
Good Lord that soup is good. I would love to start my mornings with a bowl.
orange zest? furoshiki? truffle-oil spritzer?! you are full of surprises... thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment